[lbo-talk] not my revolution, so i'm taking my marbles and i'm going home now. kthxbai!

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Oct 6 07:06:54 PDT 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 5:46 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> Because revolutions are commodities - objectified, reified things --
> that people argue over possession of! Instead of being things in which
> they are caught up, part of -- can't stay fucking neutral on a moving
> train, but you can, apparently, grab on to a rail and hold on for deal
> life, fright wing a flyin' in the 100 mph wind!

News flash: the power's out on the third rail of politics? :-)

I haven’t read much of Dean - I cannot understand most of what she writes, and the little I understood (the archipelagos of the blogistan(*) stuff) seemed poorly reasoned. So I don’t want to go hating on her too much, but still, your response to her is some wicked shit and a fun read.

When you talk about the left and their marbles… the supposed value that this part of the left adds to the struggle is supposed to be their brains right? These are the intellectuals, the people who can tie it all together and establish the foundations, describe the true Platonic nature of things that no empirical activity can grope its way to? But it seems even as they threaten to take them home, they have in reality lost their marbles?

—ravi

(*) “blogistan” is my term, “archipelago” is Dean’s.