[lbo-talk] David Graeber interview on OWS

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:45:50 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

Incidentally, I think it wrong to regard OWS as the beginning. Wisconsin was
> the beginning, and leftists are being very wrong to think of Wisconsin as
> having fizzled. It paused and arose in the present form.

If you're going to play that game, how is anything ever "the beginning"? Why Wisconsin, and not Tahrir Square, or the Second Intifada, or ...? Or, for that matter, something in a different, parallel chain of events: Seattle, or Chiapas, or ...?