[lbo-talk] David Graeber interview on OWS

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:04:35 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Do you have thoughts on that third possibility?

(It was quoted. I didn't write it. I should have been clearer about that.)

But yes, I think you are absolutely right. And I don't think of that as "merely" an academic or analytic point. There might be a tendency, if/when OWS loses steam, to think of that as a failure, as "the" end, and to think its demise means future action is necessarily limited, constricted, or impossible. I see pauses as being beneficial, even necessary, to recharge and rethink and as a "relief from the burden of constant self-mobilization," as Katja Diefenbach has put it.