[lbo-talk] Jobs

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:03:36 PDT 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 10:44 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> JC: " plastic turds that you refer to as being "functionally" superior
> to the iPad"
>
> [WS:] Have you tried to run a serious business application like
> Excel, SAS or SPSS on an Ipad? I have no problems running them on a
> netbook.

Have you tried to read a full ebook on a netbook ? Or to draw pictures ? Or to watch movies ? Or to play fun games ? Or to do net-meetings ? Or to create music ? Or to DJ ? Or to do simple computing when you're blind or even only slightly technology impaired ? Or to ... I could go on and on.

I mean, obviously you are comparing Apples to sour oranges. Most people do not buy computers to run "serious business applications". And people who have simple computing needs don't necessarily make fashion statements when they get an Ipad.

JC (I don't have any mobile device, not even a mobile phone, and do not plan to ever use one)