[lbo-talk] Jobs

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:21:28 PDT 2011

JC:" Have you tried to read a full ebook on a netbook ? Or to draw pictures ? Or to watch movies ? Or to play fun games ? Or to do net-meetings ? Or to create music ? Or to DJ ? Or to do simple computing when you're blind or even only slightly technology impaired ?"

[WS: I am doing the first two with no problems, I watched a movie and I played Civilization which in "my netbook" is a "fun game." :) I am not sure what net meetings are but I regularly use a netbook for telconferencing via skype. I do not create music, though, I have no such talent at all.

As far as simple computing is concerned - I am slightly impaired as far as motor coordination is concerned, and I find Ipad (or any touch screen device) more difficult to operate than a keyboard equipped netbook. Besides, I hate, no, make it loathe or abhor multifunction controls - a slightly inaccurate movement (which is frequent for a person with motor coordination problems) triggers an avalanche of unwanted operations that takes considerable effort to undo.

Wojtek