[lbo-talk] OWS Teach-In: Where to start?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Oct 7 08:40:10 PDT 2011

yes, they are beyond help.

my experience about why non-loonies accept it, allow it in their midst: they have no idea what another explanation might be.

there are a lot of people in the local group who have no idea what these guys - the conpircoids - are talking about. So, right now they are putting together a self education program, breaking off into groups where certain individuals take it upon themselves to write up docs to educate others. terrific. the loons are running the shows on the fed, the world bank, etc.

i can tell that most people are uncomfortable. they are suspicious of the explanations they are given. but they have nothing to counter it with. so, the only solution i've seen is that each "expert" has been tasked with getting an opposing side.

from what Doug wrote to me, I'm still clueless as to how to counter the conspiracy stuff so i don't understand why others think it's useful for that. but doug was answering my question, *why* people are attracted to the conspiracoid stuff. he wasn't trying to explain the fed in a nutshell.