[lbo-talk] OWS Teach-In: Where to start?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Oct 7 09:04:16 PDT 2011

oh but the auto-didact stuff - please don't discount that! that is, in my experience, huge! that's why it's so hard for the clueless to counter them because. There are three different kinds of them:

1. auto-didacts who think they are the smartest kid in the room and intimidate everyone else

2. knowledgeable about a lot of things so that, if you realize the person's smart on a topic with which you're familiar, people trust them on one with which they aren't

3. alpha-male smarty pants who is so used to being able to baffle people with bullshit, totally gets off on being the only one in the room half way familiar with fed, finance, etc.