[lbo-talk] OWS Teach-In: Where to start?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:16:06 PDT 2011

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyWallSt

John Leslie Feier I was in a conversation with one of the people in the Livestream chat room for Portland last night. I said that we needed to end corporate personhood and this gentleman said, "If we end the Fed, that will take care of corporate personhood." I said, "How?" No response. There was no response to that because it doesn't make sense.

Let's say we end the Fed, but still have corporate personhood. The banks can still lobby Congress and they can still re-institute the Fed. And if we make it a constitutional Amendment to end the Fed, the banks will find some other way to carry out what the Fed used to do through our government. Meanwhile, the corporations would still be lobbying our Congress on other issues in addition to banking.

No, the best way to diminish the power of banks is to control their influence on Congress. After we do that, THEN we can talk about ending the Fed or whatever.

^^^

Occupy The Bank for International Settlements Please share this page! share it and like it! Educate your self about the bank for international settlements! they own the fed and the most important national banks in the world!!