[lbo-talk] Paulite infiltration of evangelicals

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 9 09:59:00 PDT 2011

On 10/9/2011 11:35 AM, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:
> American libertarianism has always truck me as a psuedo-intellectualism. To
> paraphrase Peter Frase, an entire ideology constructed around the worldview
> of 12-year-old boys. Listening to Paulites yearn for the gold standard makes
> me wish there were more Buckley-style conservatives around to spar with.

And you are caught up in an even more destructive ideology, one that equates intelligence with being right, "ideology" with being wrong. And that in turn implies that you see yourself as above the human conflict, observing the stupid lice down below from your unique possession of THE TRUTH.

This, of course, is the attribute which makes 'Paulies' et al such a pain in the ass.

Carrol