[lbo-talk] How to Stop the Drop in Home Values

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:46:15 PDT 2011

Jordan: "but his point is to stop the decline"

[WS:] True, but he argues it by referring to consumer spending increase, which I find moot. Many argue that the problem is structural, and that debt driven consumer spending was only a temporary fix that eventually run out of steam, so from that pov I do not see how stopping a decline in home values can reverse this, unless we have another bubble. Had he argued that stopping the decline is a right thing to do, say, out of compassion for people losing their homes, that would have been a more convincing argument, imo, at least logically.

Wojtek