[lbo-talk] Glenn Greenwald on the Very Scary Iranian Plot

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 19:01:54 PDT 2011

   The humor seems to escape Obama administration officials.. Obama et al seem busy today explaining how serious this all is. I still have not seen a reasonable explanation as to why Iran would want to do this. One explanation is that they are desperate. Desperate to get themselves in more hot water?

Cheers, ken

________________________________ From: Chuck Grimes <c123grimes at att.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:30:42 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Glenn Greenwald on the Very Scary Iranian Plot

Greenwald is a whine CG

---------

I take this back. Either Greenwald revised what I only partly read, or I was reading it wrong.

His piece at Salon was as Ken Hanly had it, caustic and funny.

``The ironies here are so self-evident it's hard to work up the energy to point them out. Outside of Pentagon reporters, Washington Post Editorial Page Editors, and Brookings "scholars," is there a person on the planet anywhere who can listen with a straight face as drone-addicted U.S. Government officials righteously condemn the evil, illegal act of entering another country to commit an assassination?''

http://politics.salon.com/2011/10/12/the_very_scary_iranian_terror_plot/