[lbo-talk] McLemee talks to some pundits about OWS

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:00:10 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM, // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Eric Beck wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
>>> list members have heard quite enough from me on my opinions about ows!
>>
>> This one hasn't. Not at all. I'm just too busy to respond in nonstupid ways.
>

> I want to piggyback on your message with a "me too". Often it is the email that I want to take time to respond (in “non-stupid ways”), because the author took trouble to write a detailed message, that goes unattended because I don’t end up finding the time; and the email disappears out of sight in my Inbox (yes, GTD addicts :-), I have tried all sorts of processes and methodologies, but I am no good at it). I have 86 such LBO-talk messages sitting in my Inbox (not counting off-list email sent by LOBsters)! So a big thank you and apologies to the authors.

Me too.

It's a problem when the lack of response to something can mean the message 1) is uninspiring 2) requires no comment 3) requires so much consideration for an intelligent response that it gets tagged and forgotten 4) is a stupid rant 5) contains some hour-long video or extended essay that I probably can't quite get away with indulging in at work and gets tagged and forgotten 6) is justifiably the final word.

-- Andy