[lbo-talk] Somewhat Off-Topic Request

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 17:45:32 PDT 2011

I really liked "Wittgenstein's Vienna."

http://www.amazon.com/Wittgensteins-Vienna-Allan-Janik/dp/1566631327#reader_1566631327

Otherwise, I am skeptical of what can be gotten from intro/secondary lit. I often credit Wittgenstein as one of the three people from whom I learned to think. So much of what he has to say is his process of questioning and how he looks at things. Best illustrated for me by "Philosophical Investigations" and "Blue and Brown Notebooks."

I have no idea why you deem this a strange request.

Enjoy,

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angelus Novus" <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com>

Sorry for the strange request, but some of the smartest people I know hang out on these lists, so:

can anyone recommend some useful introductory/secondary literature to the thought of Wittgenstein? (beyond Wikipedia, of course)

Is the Ray Monk biography useful in this regard, or is it purely biographical and not much of an actual introduction in terms of ideas?