[lbo-talk] Jobs in heaven

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:15:25 PDT 2011

Michael: "He tells me that Bill & Melinda cannot be referred to by name. They are, get this, The Living Donors."

[WS:] At least it is not "His Highness" - as the staff of the Aga Khan Foundation refer to its founder.

But then, as Jo Galaskiewicz (_Urban Grants Economy_) shows, private philanthropy is mainly about buying social status by those in a position to afford it (or merit making and indulgence buying - in the world of medieval Catholicism.) The royal tiles of the donors are the commodity their "philanthropic" money buy them - so those on their payroll better use them or else.

Wojtek