[lbo-talk] supply chain

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Oct 18 14:25:26 PDT 2011

Just got notified that Apple has shipped my iPhone 4S, so I checked the tracking info. FedEx picked it up in Shenzhen this morning, and it's now in HK. For some reason, I'd thought that they'd ship them from a distribution center in the U.S. But direct from China! Doug

Just got notified that Apple has shipped my iPhone 4S, so I checked the tracking info. FedEx picked it up in Shenzhen this morning, and it's now in HK. For some reason, I'd thought that they'd ship them from a distribution center in the U.S. But direct from China! Doug

Welcome to that world of 12 percent where I am trapped.

Of course I drive a Toyota, and custom built a computer out of components assembled in an Antec case, that I use with a ViewSonic screen, an Avant Prime keyboard, and print out on an HP. My desk lamp is on one side and I have a nice stainless coffee mug on the other, etc, etc.

I am trying my damnedest to get out of a grant guideline that requires buying only made in USA. This means virtually no tools have been bought in a shop that is supposed to `open' next week. Of course all the new inventory which we can't buy is made in China, Taiwan, or South Korea.

I've been through non-profit hell over this China business.

CG