[lbo-talk] A.D. 2041 - End of White America?

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Oct 18 15:45:52 PDT 2011

On Oct 18, 2011, at 3:46 PM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> Who doesn't like Gänsebraten with Klößen and Rotkohl?!!
>
> Something tells me you haven't been visiting the right parts of Germany.

I was teasing to some degree. The only place I've been to in Germany in recent years was Munich. I love roast pork and potatoes, but man did I get sick of roast pork and potatoes after about three consecutive iterations of it. The Gänsebraten and Klösen sound tasty, but I can do without the Kohl, of any color. But really, next to Italian or French, not so good.

Doug

I looked up a picture of gansebraten and it looks like roasted goose. I have not idea what's in Kohl? Under Rotkohl I found what looks like purple cabbage and new potatoes in one picture and something trully awful looking in another---mystery animal organs of somekind.

So translation please?

I like the German food I ate which is mainly sauage and a particular brand of German sauerkraut, also the sourish style potato salad with dill, and various Jewish deli items. And then the breads...

Some of their well done philosophies are pretty good.

CG