[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:12:46 PDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 5:02 PM, c b wrote:

> At Jacobin, our concerns are slightly different. We have lamented the
> absence of political debate within the movement. Preoccupied (ha ha)
> with the day-to-day tactic of running an occupation, stymied by an
> increasingly unwieldy General Assembly process, its participants have
> so far allowed the movement to drift along not just without a program
> but without even a sustained discussion of whether to have one, what
> it would mean to have one, and what a program would look like if they
> decided to adopt one.
>
> ^^^^^
> CB: gigggggggggggles !! Oh yes OWS is just drifting along.

Okay, then: show me the "sustained discussion" and debate we've been missing - where is it? Beyond intra-groupusule debate, or six guys in the park shooting the shit, or the non-debate in the GA? Lots of OWS people came up to us after this event and thanked us for having it because that kind of debate wasn't taking place at Zuccotti Park.

SA