[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:11:23 PDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 12:41 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> if you are talking about OWS, you are talking to yourself in a corner.
> Nothing you have to say; nothing I have to say; is going to affect
> OWS. Seriously, it is a popular uprising. It's just a fact. Now we
> have to deal with a world characterized by that fact.

No, I'm not talking about OWS. I'm talking about the people who have been energized by it.

> You don't know what to do yourself and you are nagging OWS (who are
> not listening) to do it for you.

No, I do know what should be done.

As Chris Maisano of DSA said in the panel: organize workers in their workplaces and students in their schools. And yes, "they" were listening to "me"; I was watching "them" concentrating intently on every word Doug and Chris said, and often applauding. And who knows - maybe some of them even went off somewhere afterward and talked about doing that stuff.

SA