[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

leninstombblog at googlemail.com leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:32:55 PDT 2011

:That's what I was told by someone participating in the process.

:I don't see how this set of demands marks a focus on electoral politics, except to the extent that they would have to be enacted by elected officials. But if that's off limits, I fucking give up.

:Doug

I think the demand for a public works programme funded by redistributive taxation is an intelligent one to pose, and will help fundamentally shift the political and cultural representations of tax in the US.

Unless there are Tea Party infiltrators, the argument against demands on the state certainly sounds like an anarchist one. This is where consensus decision-making could potentially reach its limits, if a small number of people were able to block this demand.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media