[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Oct 20 17:22:44 PDT 2011

That document I linked to says that if the demands aren't met, then they intend to create a third party and run in congressional elections across the country.

Which suggests to me, as I said, that the know the demands won't be met, but they are going to have a constitutional convention in Philly anyway, push a national conversation about them, and generate a fund raising effort to start a third party.

I have no clue what you guys are despairing over this supposed lack of interest in electoral politics and/or being co-opted by the Democrats.

not that I think that this is revolution. As i said, it's jsut the birth of a third party. ho hum, iyam.

But there are a lot of people here who want a party, want change through electoral means, prefer incrementalism. I don't understand the despair.