[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:53:28 PDT 2011

leninstombblog wrote: "Unless there are Tea Party infiltrators, the argument against demands on the state certainly sounds like an anarchist one. This is where consensus decision-making could potentially reach its limits, if a small number of people were able to block this demand."

FM: What anarchist? What argument? Please produce an anarchist with an argument from OWS or this is all speculation. Yes, there are ideological fault lines in OWS that can be argued over by people of good faith and also by those who would like to see OWS go away. Personally I've been frustrated by OWS as much as inspired and that frustration has to do with working in a coalition with people who hold different political ideologies; to get utopian about it, the 99%. But I keep coming back to OWS and continue to support it. I'll probably support it even if it tilts disproportionately in one political direction. No one is telling anyone to not argue over the fault lines in OWS, in fact it's essential for us to do so, but personally I've tried to do it with an eye towards keeping those elements together.