[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Oct 20 12:18:26 PDT 2011

wait? what abotu all that important talk about how we must discuss discuss discuss all the potential criticisms and pitfalls with our decisions.

it's OK when you're telling the anarchists, but when they shoot back with criticisms of jobs programs, they aren't taken seriously, they're just ridiculed.

wastn't it you going on about how women wanting an equal share of the pie were just being co-opted by capitalism according to the great Walter Benn Michaels. And when people of color want to sit in the board room, they're just being co-opted by capital. They are no threat to capitalism you and WBM say, they are a boon to it, they keep the wheels greased for the system.

every time you get all up in everyone's grill about the horrors of anti-racism, it's all: oh no! that would be GOOD for captialism. The problem with anti-racism is that it isn't a threat to capitalism.

But when someone points out that a jobs program isn't a threat to capitalism, merely a threat to one faction of it, that's just a silly anarchist not caring for the plight of da peepul.

good faith.... pshaw!