[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:00:41 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> And as Eric says below, we do need more analysis of what the hell is
> happening. But that analysis can't flow from grumping that they aren't doing
> something else. Serious analysis might suggest various possiblities for
> action or organization _independently_ of what is happening in OWS.

I liked watching all the beautiful people at the Jacobin panel, but it seemed like two factions that had different agendas talking past each other. And what Carrol says here was exactly the difference: One "side" was trying to describe what's going on there, what the occupation is doing, while the other was talking about what it isn't doing, how it was failing to enact the politics that side wants to see.