[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:11:45 PDT 2011

So one side is defending the trends in the movement and the other side is offering a critique, a "minority position." That's about accurate.

What's wrong with that? If it's a question of one side seeming to be not actually involved, just slinging platitudes from the sidelines, I'd dispute that. I think Chris Maisano is the most involved out of anyone on the panel.

What the video might not have shown is that Doug and company's arguments were received *much *better by the audience and like I said before, I'm pretty sure free CUNY will have wider resonance in the general public than pioneering new and creative ways to fuck.