[lbo-talk] Jacobin debate up

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Oct 20 13:37:50 PDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Nathan S. wrote:
> The word "immanent" has appeared regularly in this discussion, in the sense that "you can't be immanent at OWS while criticizing it". I think that borders on the confessional. To start, I can't be "immanent" at OWS because I can't get there for a few reasons and don't even think I have enough spare change to scrounge from the couch cushions to order the Zucotti Park Team a pizza. That's deeply practical, but does that excommunicate me? Since I can't participate, am I allowed to discuss it? Or am I only allowed to cheer it?

Nathan,

they have email lists that you can use to communicate with them. Not all of them are open to all, I think, but you should give it a look (http://occupywallst.org/). They also have Forums and Chat.

Where are you located by the way? Within range of a Bolt bus or some such? If you feel the urge to take one to Zuccotti (and back), we can pick up the tab.

—ravi