[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Sun Oct 23 06:58:06 PDT 2011

On Oct 22, 2011, at 8:28 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> The atmosphere seemed sunny (as was the weather). Can't report much more without spending more time.

Hi Joanna-

Not a request to go track it down, but this caught my eye:

"The GA Facilitation Working Group came up with a modified consensus process where a 90% majority – instead of 100% – is sufficient to pass a proposal. However illusory or “democratic” this process functions, its strategic implementation strips power away from potentially authoritative individuals who might hijack or otherwise sabotage our ability to make decisions and move forward. Because there is a specific group working on the facilitation process, the GAs operate smoothly and are usually quite exciting."

<http://www.bayofrage.com/from-the-bay/occupyoakland-one-week-strong-at-oscar-grant-plaza/>

It'd be interesting to hear more details.

Best, Charles