[lbo-talk] end of OWS?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 18:02:45 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "// ravi" <ravi at platosbeard.org>

> Why should anyone be forced to listen to that goddamned drumming at all? Four hours a day is plenty. After that, I'm all for merciless repression.

Maybe it’s a cultural thing: why do people even want to keep drumming for four hours or more?

—ravi ------------------------- Four hours is more than plenty.

I don't know about "cultural". I mean this is the USA; how would drumming be integral to our culture?

But it is a form of activity (cue Doug on activitism) and it is a form of self hypnosis; neither a substitute for conscious action.

I mean, I like drums and all, I understand that it amps group energy and all, but still....

Joanna