[lbo-talk] Lemisch: The N-Y Historical Society Sinks to New Low w Black-Tie Gala for Henry Kissinger

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 25 08:44:04 PDT 2011

On Oct 25, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:14:16 -0400
> Joanne Landy <joanne.landy at igc.org> wrote:
>
>> the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, a successful
>> front group with an advisory board which includes some liberals (and even
>> one famous leftist)
>
> This is fun. Name some names! Who's the famous leftist?

Thanks to this cool thing called Google, I found this:

http://www.gilderlehrman.org/institute/advisors.html

Eric Foner, DeWitt Clinton Professor of History at Columbia University, is a former president of the Organization of American Historians and of the American Historical Association. He won the Bancroft Prize for his Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution 1863-1877. His other books include Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Men: The Ideology of the Republican Party Before the Civil War;America's Black Past: A Reader in Afro American History; Nat Turner; The Story of American Freedom; and Who Owns History? Rethinking the Past in a Changing World.