[lbo-talk] Lemisch: The N-Y Historical Society Sinks to New Low w Black-Tie Gala for Henry Kissinger

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:44:31 PDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 11:34 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:14:16 -0400
> Joanne Landy<joanne.landy at igc.org> wrote:
>
>> the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, a successful
>> front group with an advisory board which includes some liberals (and even
>> one famous leftist)
> This is fun. Name some names! Who's the famous leftist?

I'm assuming that's a reference to Eric Foner.

If people want to protest Kissinger's ties to the IAH, that's great. But from a historian's point of view, the main thing the IAH does is give grants to poor grad student so they can rummage around in archives. If that's what these rich people want to spend their money on, we should be glad.

SA