[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:02:20 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> It makes perfect sense that unemployment would have these effects in a North
> American or European society infested with a bourgie morality of labor (a
> "Protestant ethic," Weber said, although I have my doubts about that).

Three centuries of, e.g., the English Poor Laws had more effect than something so mystical as the Protestant ethic, I'm willing to bet. The very-long-term continued existence of which is a reminder that full employment, and the desire to work that armchair Keynesians assume, has to be continually enforced.