[lbo-talk] end of OWS?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 26 08:20:43 PDT 2011

I'm glad you wrote this. I had a hard time reading her as "crazy" as she was described on the basis of her videotaped interaction with Don Lemon at NAACP. He wrote back to claim she was crazy (on twitter). I found it hard to understand that one after watching the tape. I mean, maybe she is disruptive in other ways I haven't seen.

Who's the anonymous person who was quoted. Maybe it's there that we need to look for an agenda instead of just Ashley?

lbo8325 wrote: <> <> Disclosure: She's a friend of someone I've done some organising work <> with. I don't have anything invested in her, and from what I know she <> can be very stubborn and confrontational, but her commitments are <> reasonable and she's courageous. The intervention at the meeting <> seemed misjudged, but far from the "shouting" it was described as <> being. In general, I'd rather deal with someone who's openly obnoxious <> than someone who spreads anonymous "feedback" (and I say that in full <> contrition at having done so myself). The former is a pain in the ass; <> the latter is toxic. I suppose a degree of protectiveness and even <> suspicion are to be expected, and will probably increase as tensions <> ratchet up, but whispering campaigns do a lot more real damage than <> hard-headedness; they prefigure the gulag. <> <> ___________________________________ <> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk <>