[lbo-talk] OWS Demands working group: jobs for all!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 26 14:16:05 PDT 2011

That we turn our attention to how leftists (mostly at the local level) should act in this new world that OWS has created. It's new, really new. There wa nothing in the '60s like this. And it isn't a strike against a specific authority empowered to 'grant' a demand as the price of peace & order. That doesn't make any sense. Sandwichman on changing the culture is pretty perceptive. But there really aren't any rules or theories to guide us.

I'm not asking for or expecting "spontaneous" actions; what we call spontaneous is simply an action that someone else has planned without informing us first. There seem to be quite a few of them going on.

As shag has said, Oakland & Atlanta exhibit a high degree of discipline -- the kind that results frommutual trust built up in talking and acting together.

Carrol