[lbo-talk] Epic OWS tax policy presentation

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Oct 27 09:59:15 PDT 2011

Robin Hood tax has become a generic term. There are innumerable ways to design one, a tricky business. One way is to have a coordinated rate and have each government collect on transactions done in their own exchanges. Another would be some kind of international fund (world government!) dedicated to some noble global endeavor.

There is a very small such tax in the U.K. Fun facts, Bush the first's Secy of the Treasury Brady once proposed one. Larry Summers once endorsed such a tax.

Dean Baker at cepr.net has written a lot about this.