[lbo-talk] Tuesday evening report from OWS

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 27 18:00:49 PDT 2011

I like, and have entertained in my home, many people who have no political sense. It doesn't change my liking them, nor does it make me change my political sense.

Since I don't know her I have no feeling about her: I just think (no -Know) that anyone who advocates a "disciploned party today is politically irrelevant. I do note that none of her admerers on this list has said a word about how she expects to create this party. Also, she is either _seriously_ ignorant of modern political history on the left OR she means to establish a _Leninist_ party. "Disciplined Party" for anyone who knows any history _means_ Leninist Party. (And your friend Lou Proyect can tell you all about that.) There is certainly a scattered nostalgia on the part of some people for such a party, but they are mostly jokes. And the history of such parties has been the same story over and over and over again. (It refutes my claim that history never repeats itself.) Either the party becomes more and more lax about its discipline until it decays into a nonentity _or_ it splits and ssplits and s splits. . ..

How is she going to create her party?

Carrol