[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:33:46 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

Locally, quite a few people have picked up on an observation I began to make
> in May: Wisconsin lit a long, slow fuse.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

Locally, quite a few people have picked up on an observation I began to make
> in May: Wisconsin lit a long, slow fuse.

Carrol keeps coming back to this point, and I still can't make heads or tails of it. Wisconsin was great, but what was it except a localized reflection of Tahrir Square, and Tunisia's Dignity Revolution before it? It's kind of silly to try tracing these thing - Tunisia certainly had plenty of precedents and inspirations, inside the Arab world and out of it - but if you're looking for a recent fuse, it was lit on December 17, in Sidi Bouzid, by Mohamed Bouazizi.