[lbo-talk] occupation and situationists was Re: enemy's turf

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:59:39 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Carrol keeps coming back to this point, and I still can't make heads or
> tails of it. Wisconsin was great, but what was it except a localized
> reflection of Tahrir Square, and Tunisia's Dignity Revolution before it?

I assume Carrol picks it because of its local resonance, much as you bring up Tahrir. For my part, I keep hearing how the calls for a general strike in the US are new, but there was something very much like a general strike on May 1, 2006. Etc. If we kept having this convo it could probably go back to Eve picking that apple.

However, in the US context, there was something new about Wisconsin (with qualifications, of course), in that an injury to one became an injury to a lot more than that one.