[lbo-talk] OWS and the lbo lurkers

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Sat Oct 29 08:02:36 PDT 2011

Julio has made a fine summation. We all have a tendency sometimes to write and speak "ex cathedra." But we don't really know whena spark will cause a fire or even when there will be a spark. So we need to humble ourselves sometimes and admit our ignorance. I am 65,ane I am not hip or cool. I don't know how it is to be young anymore, much less to be young and in a time when economic prospects are so poor and not likely to get better anytime soon. To me, nothing is more pathetic than someone my age pretending that he or she is both all-knowing and in total synch with people forty years younger, or thirty for that matter.