[lbo-talk] the autumn of the communes?

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Sun Oct 30 10:27:51 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:19 AM, // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:
> And sometimes the explicit “fuck you” reveals and illuminates the implicit one in the original message. My own testy debate with TJG on Lisp/etc is a good example. My untimely go at McCarthy was (in retrospect) a “fuck you” to his disciples, and that brought out the “ugly side” and “fundamental errors” responses. So on. That’s a lot of "fuck you”s. :-)

Err... please stop invoking my name outside that thread. Whether intentional or not, you're trolling, trying to passive-aggressively get licks in like calling people his "disciples" who you (whoops!) said "fuck you" to. Perhaps you made professional errors in front of a crowd, but who cares; no need to compound them by making more. (It may surprise you to know, but I was actually editing my posts to help you maintain face, once I realized you take these disagreements as existential attacks. Because I'd rather you not face such crises.)

This thread here is full of interpersonal attacks. I am uncomfortable posting in it. Please leave me out of it.

Thank you,

Tj