[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1736, Issue 3

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:56:34 PDT 2011

Marx was very careful about framing demands and proposals (cookbooks).

The murder of Troy Davis is an abomination, but what percentage of people understand that. First, comes the hard work of learning to communicate with a broader group of people, who are not ready to move that far -- to sympathize with someone is officially is an executed murderer.

First, I suspect that it is best to develop a dialogue about the reasons for the outrage; then move on to more particular abuses.

I apologize to Michael Yates, who is much younger than me for going against his warning that there is something wrong for old guys like me for giving advise to young people who are actually accomplishing something on the ground. I realize that I may be wrong and do not intend to defend my mere speculation in a long debate. -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com