[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1736, Issue 3

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 31 13:44:16 PDT 2011

Jordan wrote:

>So maybe I'm not "people" ...?

Google "prison labor" and you'll see what I mean.

>So: who benefits from the latest technological gizmos that get
>developed, procured, and retired in the prison world?

I don't know what gizmos you mean.

>I'll see your Parenti and raise you a Mike Davis (widely thought to
>have coined the term Prison Industrial Complex),

Yeah. I'm a huge Mike Davis fan but sometimes he can get carried away. He was talking about rural California, so prison industrial complex overreaches I think.

http://www.mendeley.com/research/hell-factories-field-cover-story/