[lbo-talk] 9/11 Tenth Anniversary

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed Sep 7 16:56:56 PDT 2011

Is it just me, or is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 lacking in fanfare? The activities marking the occasion seem very subdued to me.

Mark Bennett

If you really want to cheer up, AJE is putting on a mini series of all the mayham in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. not to mention within the US govt and economy. They have nice episodes The Intelligence War, The Image War,... It's so depressing, I don't follow much... Some of the often missing dots are connected. Chomski has an essay on it. Stiglitz sums up the economic destruction in the US.

Some goods sides for me. I got to know a lot about a part of the world I never knew much about before. The giant black hole of US national media has been partly filled in with a lot of work beyond its control. And I finally threw my tv out.

CG