[lbo-talk] 9/11 Tenth Anniversary

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:15:58 PDT 2011

Well, yeah, I suppose that's what they would talk about. Just because it would be bullshit doesn't preclude it being slung. I'm not advocating more coverage or commemoration; I just expected more. Parades and memorial services across the country, benefit concerts, television specials featuring weeping widows and orphans, the usual stuff. Iraq and Afghanistan may be disasters, but we haven't withdrawn and acknowledged defeat yet. Perhaps because 9/11 falls on an NFL Sunday the consensus is that most "patriots" will be absorbed with fantasy football to pay any attention.