[lbo-talk] Killer of Sheep

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 16 12:41:27 PDT 2011

Chuck wrote:

>I have a theory as to why these architectural horrors exist.
>AutoCAD. If you had to physically work with french curves for weeks
>on end, you would go insane, trying to calculate the shapes and then
>draw them. In a graphics program you can select two points and pull
>a line into a curve of any shape. So that's my theory of why
>buildings and cars look the way they do. Blame it on postscript.

I don't know. Gehry's team starts with a physical model before it goes to computer. And his sketches are famous:

http://www.google.com/search?q=sketches+%22frank+gehry%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=uFf&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DqZzTt3QGubZiAKViJ20Ag&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=863

http://www.aecbytes.com/feature/2004/Gehry_Study.html