[lbo-talk] Crap architecture

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 10:23:03 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Smith" <mjs at smithbowen.net>

Tossing the ol'pigskin back and forth about Vivaldi might, for example, have enabled Joanna & me to understand each other better; to understand ourselves better; maybe even to understand Vivaldi better. There are at least as many subspecies of the Language Game as there are of poker.

Also, we had a good time. At least, it was good for me; I hope for you too, Joanna.

---------

Yes. It seems to me perfectly possible for people to talk about aesthetics at the same time as they are aware of their own predilections. For example, I am drawn to Vivaldi because he is an irrepressibly happy composer, and I need that medicine being somewhat anxious/depressed. Bach calms me; Vivaldi cheers me up; Mozart reassures me that desiring is a basic human state; etc.

Joanna