[lbo-talk] The Crisis of the Global Left

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Sep 19 09:23:42 PDT 2011

Carrol writes:

> I've written over and over again for over 10 years on
> this list about the emptiness of any proposition in
> regard to "The Left."

I think you just misunderstood the original point. He's not talking about some organized, membership-carded group, which I agree doesn't exist. He's talking about the general idea of people who disagree with the equally vapid non-existent group "the right" ...

And yet: there are people who disagree on general issues and can be grouped by terms "right" and "left" for the purpose of discussion of general issues ...

Get over it.

/jordan