[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street protesters

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 20 07:58:22 PDT 2011

It was suggested that the source was residual New Left anti- imperialism (in the week Carl Oglesby died and 9/11 was commemorated).

~in 2006 the Democrats were given control of Congress (which they'll lose next year) to end the Long War - as they recognized.

~in 2008 Obama was elected as the peace candidate, after purposely co- opting the anti-war movement.

But the Obama administration continues to expand the war and extend it to Africa - more efficiently and brutally than the Bush administration.

With two-thirds of Americans not supporting the wars, it's hardly a surprise that principled critics of the Democrats' war policy are heard.