[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street protesters

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:43:59 PDT 2011

Ravi: "Why is the left’s fascination with Ron Paul puzzling? This thread has, I think, generated more email on this list in the last 24 hours, than we have seen in the week before! :-)"

[WS:} Yup. There is a clear elective affinity there - David Harvey argues this point quite effectively. Americans are infatuated with libertarianism because they instinctively love private initiative and hate government (cf. Thoreau.) American lefties tend to be first Americans and only second lefties, which may explain the fascination.

Wojtek