[lbo-talk] Donate to Wall Street Protestors

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:31:19 PDT 2011

James Heartfield Heartfield I have no brief for Ron Paul, but it seems to me that if some – including me – are less critical of the libertarian right, it is because we think that the left got the balance between state and liberty wrong. British Social Democracy, certainly, and Roosevelt or Lyndon Johnson ‘big government’ were authoritarian and oppressive regimes.

^^^^^ CB: No FDR and LBJ certainly weren't. This is exactly wrong. During LBJ's period civil liberties and rights were expanded by Johnson's Civil Rights Act and the US Supreme Court Fourth Amendment decisions.

The libertarians/ Tea Partiers in Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio , etc. are currently instituting authoritarian and oppressive anti-labor regimes.

Both FDR and LBJ expanded big working class welfare government. Opposition to their big government is anti-working class Thacterite/Reaganite demagogy.