[lbo-talk] Who Are the Palestinians?

Joel Schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 10:43:07 PDT 2011

Hey Folks,

I have a new review essay in this week's edition of The Forward. Its title is as the subject header implies:

"‘I can’t believe Bibi [Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu], is forced to listen to that,” my wife said as the muezzins began their evening call to prayer. Less than half a mile from Caesarea, in the village Jisr az-Zarqa, their sound is inescapable. Five times a day. “It’s divine justice,” a family friend remarked. “Even at his vacation home, he still can’t escape the Palestinians.” “Palestinians,” a general snorted. “There is no such thing. These people are Arabs.”

To read more: http://bit.ly/qVtEAY

Best Regards, Joel

Joel Schalit skype: jschalit jschalit at gmail.com www.joelschalit.com