[lbo-talk] Occupying Wall Street

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 24 19:27:58 PDT 2011

My preceding post on Lenin, The Spontaneous, and Wall Stret Occupation was somewhat of a rough draft and I will be trying to give it more precision in future posts. I just wanted to note that the the last bit quoted from Lenin also foreshadowed today's events: the decision someone made to turn the cops loose on the protesters. That will go far towards providing follow-ups to this weeks protests with a more precise "goal": The Occupation is now a struggle for Free Speech, a protest against the ongoing attack on democracy in the U.S. over the last 40 years. That links the Wall Street Protesters to other actions around the nation. And we are now closer, but probably with a year or two to go, to get the "analysis" Doug wants. It will take not only a lot of thinking (not cluttered with "criticism" of isolated events) but quite a bit more exploratory action such as we have been witnessing this weak. This is still sloppy. We will see.

Carrol

On 9/24/2011 3:58 PM, Carrol Cox wrote: [clip]